Call for Abstract Submissions
Cochrane South Africa is pleased to announce the call for abstracts related to evidence-informed decision making for health for poster presentations at the African Cochrane Indaba 2019.
Authors should submit abstracts online by no later than 20 January 2019. The system requires that you create a profile before you can submit your abstract.
All abstracts submitted will be reviewed by the Abstract Review Committee. Authors will be notified regarding acceptance or rejection of abstracts by 22 January 2019.
Please note that final acceptance of a poster in the Programme is conditional on the presenter completing their registration and paying the registration fee.
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
- Abstract title should be short, clear and indicate the content of the abstract
- List the name and surname of the presenting author and co-authors
- Organisation/institution affiliated to each author
- If abbreviations are used, the abbreviated term should be written out in full the first time it is used
- Tables, graphs and images can be submitted with your abstract as an attachment. Allowed formats are: gif, png, jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, pdf. Please remember to insert the reference (Table 1, Figure 1, etc.) in the abstract
- The abstract is limited to 300 words and must include the following headings:
Establish the context, background and/or importance of the topic, indicate a problem, controversy or a gap in the field of research. Indicate the primary objective of the research.
Description of research design (qualitative or quantitative), data sources, subjects, data collection and analysis.
Summary and discussion of the results.
Statement of the study’s conclusions and/or implication of the results, in particular extent to which research can be translated into action.
You will receive an automated email to acknowledge your abstract submission. (Please allow up to 20 minutes to receive this email.) If you do not receive an email, or if you require any help with the submission of your abstract please contact email@example.com