Cochrane South Africa (SA) invites researchers and health professionals interested in conducting systematic reviews to apply for a 1-week 30-hour Online Protocol Development course that will take place from 31 May to 4 June 2021.
- what systematic reviews are and why they are useful,
- the importance of developing a protocol for a systematic review and what its components are,
- how to define eligibility criteria using the PICO format,
- how to design a search strategy,
- how to carry out study selection and data collection,
- how to assess risk of bias of randomised trials included in a review,
- how to analyse data in a systematic review,
- how to interpret the findings of systematic reviews, and
- how to use the GRADE approach to judging and reporting on the certainty of the evidence.
- Application form completed and submitted
- Residence in a Sub-Saharan African country
- Able to attend all practical sessions and cover approximately 13 hours of online learning content
A maximum of 50 applicants will be accepted to the course.
Cost: R2,500 (incl. VAT)
Cochrane will issue participants with a certificate on completion of all online learning modules and Cochrane SA will issue a certificate to participants who attend more than 80% of the practical sessions and complete all online learning modules.
Continuing professional development points will be awarded to South African participants who are members of the Health Professions Council of South Africa.
If you wish to apply, please complete the application form here: by 16 April 2021.
You will be informed by 30 April 2021 if your application is successful.
For any queries regarding the course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org